index older add a note diaryland

November 13, 2018 - 1:54 pm

the end?

Well, monday I got offered the job at Zippertubing... for a measly 44.2k. I asked for some time to think about it and spent hours drafting my counteroffer of 51. The next day they actually approved it. This was Thursday. But I also got a phone call about another interview someplace else. So I waited until Friday to see if that panned out. I had the interview lined up for today (Tuesday). And I had gotten another email on Friday about another interview, but I only heard back from them today to tentatively set it up for tomorrow. So Friday I debated signing the acceptance, but then it was late in the afternoon and they close early on Friday so I didn't. Then it was the weekend so I didn't send it back. My weekend was chaos anyway. So yesterday I get an email at like 10 am (we were out hiking so I didn't check until about 2) saying that they were going to rescind the offer because I didn't reply. UGH So I quickly wrote them back accepting the offer and told them I was out of town for the weekend. I mean i was non-stop all weekend so it was just an exaggeration. They still took my acceptance and I start on the 26th. I'm not sure about this one. I'm sure I can do the job but I don't think it's my dream job or what I really want. It puts me at a salary between 2014 and 2015 but at least I can supplement slightly with my Pound income.
I had that interview today. I can tell the pay is garbage, but I still gave it my best shot. Hey you never know, right?
Yesterday we hiked south Mountain and then did a little shopping at Sears and got our 2018 ornament. I got some nice shirts for work. Then I subbed a class at Desert Fitness (no one was there)
Sunday was insane. Veteran's day parade int he morning. I had 5 daisies march. It was supposed to be 8. Then troop meeting in the afternoon at a park. I couldn't get in touch with the first aid trainer all day long and she was a no-show! So I only had 3 older girls and they ended up playing in the park the whole meeting while we had the daisy meeting, which went ok.
Saturday I taught at StaFit (no one showed again). Laura is taking the class back as of next week. I don't really care too much. I broke a stick (not mine) and then I spent most of the day helping Cadence with her book report.
Friday I spent the day making pierogi so we are ready for Christmas! After school, we took the girls to uptown jungle for an hour of play. They both got 100% on their spelling pretests and we could use our pogo passes.
Wednesday I ended up subbing a class for Tiffany and omg no one was there either! It's so unbelievably frustrating that 4 out of the 3 classes I've done have been entirely empty.
My days go by so fast. Sometimes I do some TD work but I haven't even made a dent. I need to study too for my test. I'm over a month in with less than 5 to go to take my test. Today I was supposed to do both of those things but did neither. I can't figure out why when the girls are home the minutes seem like hours, but when they are at school I blink and the day is over.
I don't know how it's going to be GOING to work every day. Yes it's what I want, but now that it's here, how will I manage to get everything done? Lunch hours are usually productive. I'm not sure if I get an entire hour or just a half an hour. Taking care of the pool, yardwork laundry, dishes, cleaning the house... is it all going to fall to the wayside? Christmas present wrapping... errands, shopping. I mean I used to get it all done, but that was before kids and then with just one and living at my MIL's... I don't think this is the dream job and I'm still holding out for winning the lotto, but at least this will relieve some of the money stress 2 new cars has caused us.

previous - next

a bratty christmas - December 26, 2018
work is still boring, christmas is almost here and I have slacked off with the updates! - December 22, 2018
meh. - December 04, 2018
employed - November 27, 2018
daytime was weird - November 20, 2018